On August 5, members of our Stop the Wars committee joined member group ANSWER Coaltion-SF in a demonstration in front of the Federal Building in downtown San Francisco to protest Representative Nancy Pelosi for her role in urging other congress members to send more of our tax dollars and weapons to help Israel in its continued bombardment of Gaza. This action by Represntative Pelosi was shameful and yet another show of support by this administration of Israel’s illegal and massive destruction of Gaza and the killing of over 1,000 innocent civilians.
On Saturday, June 21, we joined our member ANSWER Coalition’s rally and march through downtown San Francisco’s shopping district from Market Street, up Powell and around Union Square to say:
No More War in Iraq! Money for Jobs, Health and Education! Not for War and Devastation! and other chants against this latest effort to involve us in yet another conflict in Iraq. People applauded us along the way.
Here are a few photos from that event:
The 2014 Spaghetti Dinner and Program for the 99% videos were just released.
The event was held at the First Unitarian Universalist Society of San Francisco, and the evening was huge success, fun, and educational. You can view the four main portions of the event as listed below.
Picture group from the Spaghetti Dinner and Program:
More activities from 2013, view
SF DAY WE FIGHT BACK: Schedule
Join us (US being groups working to protect our Constitutional Rights to free speech and privacy) at this important event, first step in fighting back against NSA mass surveillance! Invite your friends to the fb event: https://www.facebook.com/events/614121478661276/
When: Today: February 11, 2014 at 5:30 pm
Where: 611 Folsom Street, SF / 2nd Street, San Francisco
- 5:30-6:00: set up. Orient vols on flyering, signs, flags, parachute.
- 6:00-6:05: Images Projected (we will project background images during all the talks/music). People gather. Signs, flags and parachute in place.
- 6:05-6:15: MC Rainey welcome, what’s planned and short speech about The Day We Fight Back/why we are here.
- 6:15-6:50: Video Program Projection: short topical music/info videos
- 6:50-7:00: Mark Klein – former ATT employee tells of his discovery.
- 7:00-7:10: Group Photo/Video and reading together of 1st/4th Amendment/Declaration ofIndependence section.
- 7:10-7:25: Next Steps–short speech/announcements by Zaki, Mathew, Tracy (other announcements/upcoming events can be announced by Rainey).
- 7:25-7:30: Michael Rufo sings Spying Eyes (altered version of Eagles Lying Eyes)
- Close with minute of silence for Aaron Swartz.VVV